Sunday, April 29, 2012

All good gifts

Okay so  I am in a music and drama program at my church called J-Force and we are currently doing a musical production called Godspell ,which is so old my dad was just a kid when it came out.  So I have been doing J-Force plays for about 3 years now and I have done 4 plays, Godspell being my fifth, I love it because J-Force has something for every kind of talents it has singing, dancing, acting, and if you are not the spotlight kind of person you can even work back stage. So I was trying out for a solo today and I wasnt sure which one to try out for, I did a song called, Day by Day and started off horrible I was flat at first then was off key and that made me oober nerveous (and this is not my first time singing in front of people obviously) and the choir directors said I should calm down and take a breath so I did and tried singing Day by Day again and it went well. But I was supposed to try out for two solos but I wasnt sure which one I should sing as my second song so the choir director chose a song called, All good gifts, which is a really high song and Im only a second suprano so it was quite difficult, so I prayed and asked Jesus to comfort me and help me not be nerveous and that his voice would come out of me. Well it worked Jesus comforted me and I sang to the best of my abilities. After I finished the choir director told me I did very well but I needed to practice hitting the notes and I added that I need to practice praying and letting Jesus take over everything in my life, not just when I am nerveous, scared, or hurting. Because Jesus loves me and wants to teach me more........... thats all for now, ta ta!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this almost made me cry..... But I'm in public so I won't.... ;)

    ReplyDelete